Sunday, December 14, 2008

My 10 Year Old

Well, my little girl is 10! Where did all that time go? It seems like just yesterday they were pulling Olivia from my belly--uni-brow and all (seriously, she's had those eyebrows since birth). I looked at her and with incision agape said, "Wow, so you're what's been making me sick for so long?" I couldn't believe anything so unbelievably beautiful could have caused such havoc on my body, but all of a sudden that didn't make any difference--I'd have done it all again! I remember that day well, all the nurses commented on what a beautiful little baby she was and immediately dubbed her "Miss Olivia."

She's always been a bit of sunshine in our lives. I remember when she was much smaller, how she would "flit" everywhere she went, kind of like a butterfly. I think she still does that, but with a little bit more maturity. Now she has turned into a younger, female version of her father. She looks like Martin, but she acts like him too. She is the happiest child I know and, like her father, the eternal optimist. She likes to read like her dad and it's a cinch that she has her dad's knack for math. She's very emotional and sensitive and such a great student. She loves to depend on her own abilities in her school work and her dancing, piano, and art studies. She is shy and funny and sweet all at the same time and is also an amazing big sister. She cannot wait to be a mommy.
For her big 10th birthday she had 9 screaming, laughing, giddy tweens over for pizza, a movie and some fun. She planned all the activities herself. I think the hit of the party was the scavenger hunt Alex made for them and "Mafia," which is a game I am unsure of how to play but seems to be a big hit with her friends, as every time they are here they want to play it.
Happy Birthday, to my beautiful little Livi-bug! You have made my life so much sweeter! I love you like crazy!
Doing some craft Livi came up with.












Playing Mafia.














The scavenger hunt.

4 comments:

Ali Hawkins said...

Whar a sweet girl.Thanks for inviting Hannah, she had a lot of fun!

Jen Vesper said...

So much fun! Did the cookies ever make it? I have been so worried about that!

staceygriff said...

Sofi had a lot of fun. Thank you for having her. I can't believe Livi came up with all the games and crafts herself. What a creative girl.

Tonii said...

I absolutely cannot believe how grown up she is! Heather, she is too cute! you MUST tell me the secret to raising such amazing, well-behaved, sweet, smart children :) I have been thinking about you and your family alot lately, I hope everything is going well for you, we miss you guys!