1. He is handsome (that smile alone is enough to make you fall in love with him--it did cost us 10G's so it better).
2. He is kind and well-mannered. Never once have I heard from anyone that he was mean spirited or that he's picked on anyone, or shown any kind of disrespect. We sometimes get notes from school teachers telling us how much they enjoy having him in their class.
3. He's gentle. He'd be so mad at me for saying this. The way he "wrestles" with Isaac and gives of his time to his little brother is so awesome for me to see. Little children have always been drawn to him. He's a big ball of fun that all the neighborhood boys want to play with (young and old) and a great roll model for his siblings.
4. He knows what's right. Sometimes, as many teenagers do, he challenges what we "tell him" to be right. But left to his own devices he comes around to the same conclusion without much help from us.
5. He loves sports. Duh. He's coming alive now that baseball has officially started. How I love watching him play. He has an awesome head for the game (not to mention skills).
6. Alex is responsible. I very rarely have to get after him to get his homework done. He's self-motivated and tries his hardest to get the best possible grade. He doesn't like to miss school and he is excelling in piano like crazy.
7. He is gracious. If anyone does anything for him he never lets it go unnoticed. He is thankful for what he has and talks about it all the time.
8. He's funny. Alex and I have the same personality and same sense of humor. We can make each other laugh pretty easily. It's good until we use it against people and gang up on them...sorry Martin.
9. He has awesome taste in music, thanks to me. Thank heaven he doesn't go out for country like his sister,the turn-coat has done (thanks Aunt Mindy). We still love ya, Liv.
10. When Alex was born he quickly became my best friend. Martin was at work and school and the lab all the time and I was so glad to have a little buddy. We obviously did everything together and I loved those fun days of our early family. Once we moved to Seattle I leaned on his little 2 year old body a lot. I'm so glad to say he is still my best buddy!
I love you, Alex! Happy Birthday to the coolest kid around!