Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Cuteness' Sisters

The Cuteness and I had a funny discussion the other day. I asked him if he knew the story of Christmas and Jesus, etc., etc., and he acted dumb--which is not unheard of for Isaac (he sometimes acts like he doesn't know what's going on). I kind of prodded him, asking who Jesus' mother was and father and explained to him that Jesus is our brother. We also talked about how Jesus died and where he is now and we also talked a little bit about heaven and how there are lots of people there that are our brothers and sisters. After we had talked for a while he got ready for school and I drove him there. On the way, he asked me how many brothers he had, since now he knew everyone on the earth was his brother. I answered that he probably had millions and millions of brothers. Later, I looked in the rear-view mirror and saw that he was smiling while he looked out the window. I asked him what he was thinking about and he said he was smiling because he had lots of sisters too. I thought that was so cute. He loves Olivia so much. He love Alex too. But Olivia and he have always had a bond like none other. She is always so happy to take his hand when they get off the bus and walk him home or snuggle with him while they watch TV, or teach him how to add and subtract, or walk him to Primary every Sunday. I love to see them love each other and have fun together. I often tell my kids that my favorite thing to see is them being nice to each other. That rarely happens, I mean this is the real world, but I hope by telling them that it will eventually sink in. Especially with Alex and Olivia. Right now there's not a lot they agree on, but I know they love each other. I would love for them to show it more often. I don't mean they have to hug or anything "WEIRD" like that, but some civility would be nice once in a while! I'm holding out hope that they will grow into a better relationship. That would be such a great gift for me!

6 comments:

Jessica Bessica said...

That is honestly a tender, tender moment. I think that's so cute of Isaac...wow, my cousin said that - I feel blessed to have him in my family. :)

said...

What a beautiful picture, Heather! You have such sweet kids and you are a terrific Mother. Aren't these 'pay-days' the best?! Jenna and Paul are having similar Alex and Olivia moments. Not a lot of tolerance for each other. I'm praying with you for the same blessings! :-)

Nick & Kerrie Andrews & Family said...

Hey girl! I finally got it to work! I love reading your posts! You always know how to touch me and help me know what I need to be better in, or realize just how good things are. I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving.. Hope your Holiday's are great!

Jen Vesper said...

Isaac is so cute I just want to squeeze him! Last night we were saying prayers and Ethan was so sweet and said, "thank you for giving me a daddy who can come teach chemistry to my science club." and then it is Kymberly's turn and she says "thanks for 3 it's a magic number." LOLOLOL!!! It was so stinking funny!

M&M!! said...

cute!!! your kids are getting so big!!! We were in washington several months ago and you were not a church :( Keep me updated through this!!

Ali Hawkins said...

Heather that is such a cute blog about your sister. Sam's death was really fast and out of nowhere. He was diagnosed in the middle of October. He did not leave the hospital till Thanksgiving, was back in three days later and died on Dec. 10th. He was pretty much out of it the whole time in the hopital he got really sick from the chemo. He had lymphoma a rare aggresive kind I can't remember the name of it anymore. They opened him up to do surgery once and it was just everywhere,so they just closed him back up. None of us thought he would die we thought it was just going to be a long hard trial. We where wrong and it was a shock! He was 28 years old and very healthy. He had just graduated from law school in May. His back hurt he thought he had ulcers from all of the studying and worring so he never went into the doctor. Around Sep. oct. he was in a lot of pain and he went down hill from there. I think the hardest part is his poor children who where 1 and 3 at the time, wont even remember him. That is really sad.