Sunday, November 30, 2008

Back to the Living

Friday was a great day with the family, following a great Thanksgiving. We spent a really fun day getting the tree up and decorating the house, followed by sitting down to watch a great flick. Not even mid-way through the film my stomach started to act up (that's putting it lightly). Shortly thereafter, I retreated to my bedroom to begin the most uncomfortably painful 5 hours of my life. My stomach began a roller coaster ride that both made me hurl several times and wish my sweet life was over. Long story short, I was sick . . . sick as any person should ever be allowed.

No worries, however, after two and a half days of sleeping non-stop, I have breached the surface of consciousness. Yes, I am alive and glad to say it. But, that, my friends was the SICKEST stomach flu I have ever had. Poor Martin had it too. But there's some unwritten law somewhere that says if Martin and I get the same illness, he gets it for a day (or less) and I get it for at least 3. Go figure.

Happy, Healthy Holidays!!

2 comments:

said...

No fun! Hope the rest of the fam doesn't pass it back and forth.

Wish I could watch the kids, or bring you some soup.

Jen Vesper said...

That sucks! Ok...it blows chunks...LOLOL...sorry...I couldn't resist...hope you feel better!!!