Thursday, November 27, 2008

"Twilight" Seconds

Okay, people. At long last, here is my op on the movie. I know, I know. You're welcome!

First, my opinion on the book is much different than the movie. The book, for me, was a page-turner, yes, but I was disappointed. However, I was somewhat tainted because I went to my book club prior to reading the book. I was expecting different things--perhaps bigger things when I went to read the book. I enjoyed it, but probably would have liked it more had I read the book before going to book club. I found out way too much.

I went to see the movie last Saturday night with some book-club sistas (holla back) and friends. I enjoyed the movie, loved the characters, and enjoyed seeing my beloved Pacific Northwest on the big screen. However, I was again tainted by all the teenagers and teenager wannabes cooing and swooning over Edward and their laughing during what I thought were unfunny scenes. Very annoying...remember folks, ANTI-cheese here.

Anwyhoo, Martin and I went to the movies Wednesday night to see "Australia." Well, we got there too late and so Martin suggested seeing "Twilight." I agreed. I wanted to see what he thought (he's never read the book). He was surprised at how much he enjoyed it. He said it was fun to guess what was going to happen and what was actually going on. To him it was a mystery.

I also liked it, maybe more the second time. I was paying attention to details this time and was under the impression that it moved better the second time (plus, there were far less teenagers in the theatre). I also noticed how beautiful the scenery was and it reminded me of here. Don't you all wish you could live here too? Okay--MINUS the rain.

Oh, and the music is great also. I think I heard some Iron and Wine, Collective Soul, and Paramour. LOVED the soundtrack! Definitely my kind of music.

So that ties up my impressions of the movie. It's a good one, but I suggest seeing it in a theatre sans teenagers! You'll like it better...unless, of course, you are a teenager.

4 comments:

Jen Vesper said...

I do agree that it had a great soundtrack. I love Paramour and the song by Muse is my favorite. The scenery was definitely beautiful, and yes I wish I could live there...rain and all! But I still can't stand the 'I have no depth' girl who played Bella.

staceygriff said...

I did enjoy seeing it in the morning with not many people there. Less annoying, much more relaxing. I did like the second time though for the same reasons you said, I paid more attention to details. It's a fun movie. That was my take on it. Hopefully it has a bigger budget next time.

Jessica Bessica said...

Me and my entire family went and saw it on Thanksgiving night. All of my family has read it (except of course Marie who is 6), but we all LOVED it! My dad, who was even skeptical of reading the book in the first place, wanted to see it again the next day - we were shocked! :) I sat next to Val, who is 11, and she would hunker down in her seat at the 'gooshy' parts and cover her eyes - it made me laugh. The actors aren't my favorite, but I think they did fine. My personal favorite was the fight scene, it was freakin' rad! And I too, loved the soundtrack...I came home and bought it off of i-tunes. I thought I was done being obsessed - but it's started all over again, and this time my whole family is in on it!

Jessica Bessica said...

Oh Hey Heaher! Val just wanted me to tell Olivia that her blog is monkeyluvrvs.blogspot.com. She says she doesn't have that much on there, but she hopes Liv will like it!