Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Big Fat New Purse

Yeah, that's right. I got a new purse and it is HUGE. Martin took me shopping Monday because he didn't want to go right back to work after a vacation. He is too attached to me, what can I say? So, we went to eat lunch at the Cheesecake Factory (eat your heart out, Lisa) and then went shopping. Let me tell you a secret: Martin doesn't like to shop. That is a slight understatement. The poor guy gets physically ill in a mall, and worse, he will literally go comatose in a home decor store like Pier 1 or Pottery Barn, or my favorite the dreaded Quilted Bear. Even though Martin hates to shop, if he has a purpose, or a "mission" he is okay. So Monday's mission. . . . a new purse for me.

We looked as long as I could stand it (standing around a mall--my-feety-no-likey) and found nothing. They were all either too glittery, too big, too small, too bright, to blinged out, too expensive or too hobo-ish. Finally, we found a great store called "Aldo" at Belle-Square that sells shoes and bags and found a few that I really liked. They were pretty normal--neutral, like me. Then I saw it. The mother of all purses. It was greenish turquoise (my signature color) patent leather (or at least patent vinyl) and it was HUGE. I don't normally like huge purses but how can you say no to all those pockets? Seriously, I have a pocket for my phone, my camera, my wallet, my check book, my book, my schedule, my keys, and makeup/girl stuff and I have three EXTRA pockets. I almost put it back, excusing myself from being too presumptuous and out of character, but Martin convinced me it was HOT. So, I bought it. I look at it now, lying there on the floor, and it brings visions of happiness to my mind--you know, like fairies, butterflies, and dragonflies. However, I still can't get over it's gigantic-ness. I hope I can get used to this thing. It feels like I should be going on a long voyage when I carry it around.
I tried posting a picture of my bag, but it was too sorry looking to put here. Way too small. So if you want to see it go to this link and zoom in A LOT to get the full effect:
See ya




6 comments:

said...

How cool is that?! And a cheesecake to boot! Life is good if your name is Heather. :-)

staceygriff said...

we should boot the hubbies and go shopping ourselves. Mark is the same way about shopping. Yet he doesn't get a comatose look, his face starts to get more annoyed and scrunched up as the shopping goes on. His forehead gets more and more lines. Plus we just need to go out. It's been a long time. Or hey better yet, we go out as couples and we shop and Mark and Martin can hang out.

Heath694 said...

That is a great idea, Stac. Anytime, anywhere!!! What are you guys doing this weekend? Want to go out to dinner as couples?

The Brown's said...

I LOVE that purse Heather! I'm craving a new purse too! I had to deal with just getting a new wallet instead! ;) We have a Christmas card and cookies if we can ever make it over to your place! :)

Jen Vesper said...

Do you know how lucky you are to have such a sweet hubby who will do that with you even though he hates it and actually talk you into buying a purse???? Where did you find him??? Oh wait...

Lisa Kay said...

I'm with Jen on the sweet hubby thing. I love Martin! And I am very jealous that you got to go to Cheesecake!!! I'm craving it again already! By the way, I absolutely love the purse! Good pick, I also love lots of pockets and I love the color! It's so much fun reading your blog Heather!