Monday, November 9, 2009

Halloween '09

This Halloween was kind of drag for the kids. It's too bad because they had awesome costumes...all thought of by themselves. Isaac wanted to be Mario, who is his favorite hero of late. He has several DS Mario games. It's funny what I can get him to do by bribing him with a new Mario game. I've gotten him to read hundreds of books to me this way, when before he wasn't motivated at all. All I have to say about that is: God bless Mario! Isaac was sick the day before Halloween and so he wasn't able to go to his class Halloween party. It was so sad, but he was brave. His favorite part of his costume was his "fat."

Super Mario

Unfortunately, Olivia missed her class Halloween party too due to some hi jinx in her classroom that day (none of them her fault). She came home from school so depressed and upset. It made me sad as well because this was her last year to celebrate Halloween at school. I think she made up for it with her buddies trick-or-treating in the neighborhood. It was her first year to go sans parents and I think she enjoyed the company of her friends Zoe, Lexi and Sofi (all those names end with the same sound...). She came up with the idea of dressing like Hermione (her ultimate hero) but with the twist of being Hermione after she drank the poly juice potion. That's so Olivia.

Alex had a great time at a party of friend. (first boy/girl party, I might add). He dressed up like Spock this year (Aunt Jenny and Amy should be so proud). He refused the pointed ears, though. He thinks his ears already stick out enough. He also refused his mother doing anything to his hair. I was lucky to get him to wear the costume. He can't stand me touching his hair and/or body.

7 comments:

Jen Vesper said...

oh my gosh! I LOVE that picture of Mario Isaac SO much!!! What a cutie!! All of your kids are absolutely adorable in their costumes, but Isaac just melts me. :)

Amy Sorenson said...

Right on Alex! I knew you had class, but next time you gotta have the ears. I'll go as Admiral Catherine Janeway. Olivia, one of my favorite books is Harry Potter and Isaac, I love Mario too. You guys have been hanging around me too much, wish I could see you more.

Mindy said...

Cute costumes. Very creative on Olivia's part! Alex is a little out there... so that fits him perfectly! Isaac and Mario... what a pair! :) BY THE WAY HEATHER... YOU STILL HAVE NOT CALLED ME BACK, DORK!

staceygriff said...

All three looked awesome. I loved little Issac as Mario and Olivia's choice to go as Hermione after taking the potion is priceless. Alex is well... just cool.I was not happy when I heard about Olivia's class party being canceled, Sofi came home and told me that and I thought it was a big rip off. I'm glad Issac felt good enough to dress up for the trunk or treat because that made my night.

Lisa Kay said...

I love, love, love the costumes! So creative! miss you guys!

Maddi Wiser said...

I was Luigi Heather! Carson was Mario. If you were on facebook you could see the pics. You can't be spock with-out the ears. That is just a moron thing to do..... I love your blog. Excited to come up for thanksgiving! Thanks for having us.

Park Family said...

They look great! Too bad Issac and Olivia missed their Halloween parties.