Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Me and Gary Lightbody (oh yeah, and Martin and Alex)

We went to the Snow Patrol concert on the 14th of October. Can I just tell you how long I have been waiting to see them in concert? Do you all have any idea??? Well, just to give you a vague notion, they came in '07 and I remember we couldn't go because the venue was some night club downtown and, if I remember right, it was on a Sunday. A little part of me died that night....Me and nightclubs do NOT jibe, and that's not even considering the fact that it was on a Sunday. So I've waited not-so-patiently for 4+ years for the day to come that they would grace me with their presence in Seattle.

This time the venue was the Paramount Theatre in downtown Seattle. It's a cool historic old building and the perfect place for me to see SP in the flesh. I got awesome tickets: front row, center up on the mezzanine. I was literally like 20 yards from thee Mr. Gary Lightbody and had a completely unobstructed view. Oh, ladies, he is a fabulous specimen of man. He has a smile that lights up the entire auditorium. And of course, when he sang "Run," I knew he was singing directly to me. (har-har)

The opening act was Plain White T's (eat your heart out Mindy) and they were really the best opening band I've ever seen. Martin agreed. They have this gigantic African-American drummer who just looks so out of place but is so amazingly good.

This was Alex's first concert and I was worried he'd have a bad experience going with his lame-0 parents and all. He is such a great kid, though and he really enjoyed it. He made me promise not to yell and scream and dance around like a fool. Obviously, he doesn't know who he's dealing with. I'm a bit of an introvert. But I do have to admit when it was just me and Gary in the auditorium I may have screamed just a little bit.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

How fun - what a good family outing! ;) Does Martin know you are so googoo gaga over some rich hottie? Poor Alex... His uncle Ryan can take him to a concert (KISS) and show him how to rock at a concert! JK! He can come to a REAL concert with me... Tim McGraw, sound good? :)

Jen Vesper said...

If Boingo ever comes around again, Martin and I will take Alex...I would embarrass the CRAP out of him!!! Ask Kendra. :) If I remember right, you and Joanne would always travel quite a few steps behind Jenny and I. :)

Jess said...

Ho oh. Jealous! That would definitely be a fabulous concert! Glad you were able to make it after all these years. :)

Heath694 said...

Mindy, Martin knows he has to compete with Gary and he couldn't care less. He knows I'm joking around and is glad I'm not infatuated with some other losers out there. If it bugged Martin that much I wouldn't say anything :).