Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Oh, Summer, Where art thou?

I was looking through our family photos we had taken this summer, trying to decide which ones I want to get enlarged to hang in the house. I got a bit depressed thinking about how warm and sunny that day was and how now it's just stupid cold and rain out of doors. Seriously, though, now that I think about it, that day was freaking hot and I was freaking sweaty and so...good riddance hot, sultry days...hello, cool breezes, pretty autumn colored leaves and yes, rain!

I realized, however, that I never posted the pictures on my blog. Weird indeed. I wouldn't worry about it but every year I make a book out of my blog and I want to have those photos in it.

For those of you who haven't seen the pictures, they were taken by Suzanne Plant of Lookie Loo Photography http://suzannereneephotography.blogspot.com/. She lives in the Draper area. Her husband actually used to work for Microsoft. How they lived in Utah but still worked for MS is beyond me but he doesn't work there anymore. Back in Spring I saw some of her photos on a friend's Facebook page, loved them and got an appointment to get our family pics done by her.

We met up at a park with a pond in the middle in her neighborhood. It had a cool burned out bridge that was part of the backdrop. I was really pleased with her ability to capture the personality in my kids. She took the time to really get to know what I was looking for, which I really appreciated. As we were talking she told me that she had been a photographer for about a year! Yep, only a year. For only picking up a camera a year ago, she does some brilliant work. She had some pretty fancy equipment but told me her secret is that she has to do most of the work, not her camera. I have no idea what she means by that as I am no photographer, but okay.

Here are a few of my favorites


























Anyhoo, as you can see, my kids are pretty much the cutest kids around.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I love these pictures. They are so good - she did a great job! We are finally getting our pictures done in a couple of weeks... as long as Ryan cooperates. I'm crossing my fingers. ;)

Sheri said...

Hey, any way you could email your favorite family photo? Also any individuals you have of alex w/ football or liv with dance or just any of the kids? I am putting together something for christmas and would love to include one of these family photos! They are so Great!

said...

Um... YES! You DO have the most adorable kids. :-) What great photography!

staceygriff said...

next to mine being the cutest your kids are pretty dang cute.:) ha ha. I love these photos, especially the one with their feet hanging. Oh, the summer days. I'm loving fall too much to really miss them. I'm glad you posted these pics.