Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Day is a Happy Day

I heart Valentine's Day. Martin is a romantic and very sweet, especially on Valentine's Day. He has been so disgustingly busy at work these past months that he was feeling guilty that he didn't have time to do anything "special" for Valentines Day. This, apparently, doesn't count for the fact that he got me roses and chocolates, took me out Friday night to dinner and a movie, and plans to take me out to a comedy club this Wednesday, to make up for his lack of attention this week (whatever). I keep telling him that I am not feeling neglected and that he in no way has to "make up" for anything. I don't know what's wrong with him. I mean, what would he do if he was "paying attention to me?" Parade me around on a white horse with a tiara???? Not my style.

I'm not telling you all this so that you will be jealous of me (sorry ladies, my man can deliver). I just want Martin to read this and know that I'm really okay with all the work he's doing and even though he's feeling like he is ignoring me, I understand that his work schedule is crazy right now. So just work hard, babe, and give it your typical 110%! You're going to blow everyone away this year!

Olivia and Martin went to the annual Father/daughter Valentine's dance. They've gone almost every year since Livi was in first grade and they have some great memories. This is her last year to go. 5th grade is the end of the line. Martin was a little bit nervous because O-Daughter-of-Mine usually drags Martin to the dance, waves to a few friends, sits at a table far from the crowd and stares into the distance and flat out refuses to dance or mingle at all. Although that has it's own appeal, Martin insisted Livi promise she would dance this year. She agreed (albeit not too happily).

In my post-dance interview of the couple, Martin indicated that Olivia was like a "whole new girl" this year. Apparently, there was much talking with friends, dancing, mingling and all out-and-out 11-year old frolicking. I'm glad to report Livi got her dance groove on this year and even slow danced with her father. Martin said that he hung out with the dads and talked until the girls required a partner, in which case, the girls would run back to the table to grab their dads and dance with them until the song ended. Then the girls excused their dads to return their table until they were further needed. Luckily, Martin likes the other fathers and they got along great! Funny! I think they both enjoyed the night!

(Livi's hairstlye. She insisted I post it. It's her official new favorite. She's getting too old! Sad)

5 comments:

Park Family said...

Wow! I'm glad they had fun! Livi's hairstyle is great. You always do a great job with her hair. You will have to teach me when Taylor & Jaedyn get a little older.

Jen Vesper said...

She looks beautiful. What a great daddy Martin is. We already knew how wonderful a hubby he is. :)

Jess said...

What a fabulous weekend eh? It looks like it was absolutely tender! I love this post. :) I'm glad you had a great Valentine's all around!!!

Amy Sorenson said...

That Martin. What would you ever have done without him? He is a great husband and Dad. He make a pretty good brother-in-law too.

Ali Hawkins said...

Olivia is so cute, and such a great friend for Hannah. They are so much alike, it is funny. I have not looked at blogs in a long time. I was reading all of your older posts. I am sorry to hear about your infertility. I had know idea! I think that would be one of the hardest trials. I don't know what I would do. If you need anything let me know!