Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mid-Winter Break

The kids got out of school for our annual Mid-Winter Break. I know you all in Utah think that's the funniest name. It is what it is...a stupid break in the middle of the year, around no apparent super-holiday and another reason they drag out school until the end of June. I pretty much hate mid-winter break. The idea of it makes me cry myself to sleep at night. I mean, it's just another holiday in which I have to occupy 3 children who are already ticked off that they aren't going to Hawaii, the Bahamas or Disneyland "like all my other friends." Ugh.

I was sick the whole week. Yep, I woke up Sunday morning with the beginnings of a cold and by Monday, the first official day of the break, I was in the throws of an energy-zapping, nausea-inducing, sore throat week of fun! My poor kids were so nice to me and took such great care of me. They cleaned the house every morning and did pretty much whatever I asked them to. Also, thank the kind Lord for X-Box and TV. They mostly just let me read. What great kids!

On Friday afternoon I promised to take Olivia and Isaac to the park because the weather was beautiful and frankly, they tricked me into it. Here are some pictures of Friday. Alex was at a winter camp out thus, his absence.








We also ended up going back to the park on Saturday where Martin and Alex got to get some of their game on and Livi got to swing...some more.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

I miss you guys!!! I really hope I can make it out there this year. Hugs to you all!!! :)

Jess said...

I love that park...we played hide-and-seek there. We also played pretend where Isaac was Mario and he was saving us from Bowser. Haha. :) Oh man. Good times!

I love your pictures Heather. :)

I hope you feel better now and that you had a lovely break!

Jen Vesper said...

Hope you feel better to Heath. Hey Mindy...since I am your newly adopted sister, me, you, Amy and Lisa should go on a girls trip to see her, yes?

Amy Sorenson said...

Got to love those breaks. Sorry that you didn't feel well, but it sounds like your kids enjoyed the break anyway.

The Redhead Riter said...

So much fun in a happy family.