Saturday, August 2, 2008

Bryce Canyon Blues

While we were in Cedar City we had a day when we were able to go to Bryce Canyon. No one else wanted to go with us, sadly. But Martin and I decided to go anyway. Isaac came with us because he had no choice. It's about a 1 or 2 hour drive from Cedar City to Bryce but the ride was beautiful (at least the parts that I stayed awake), epecially, when we got to the Red Rock Canyon. When we got to Bryce Canyon I was so excited to see how amazing it was. I was thinking how cool it would have been to be the first person or persons to ever see it. Of course, I wouldn't have had that nice road to drive right up to it and that paved path that we could take up to the top, so maybe not. I could not believe how hard it was to walk up to Inspiration Point. It wasn't far but the elevation allows 75% less oxygen into your lungs. Let's just say I could really tell the difference. I wanted to hike around the rim, but Isaac was with us and the word "hike" has inspired some pretty interesting behavior from him (think whining, crying, kicking, and yes, screaming). So we were only able to see the canyon from one vantage point. You can kind of see Isaac's hiking attitude on his face in this picture. He's too big for me to carry anymore, but at Zion's, the day before, I did carry him on my back and so I was too sore to do that again. Look at my hot husband in this picture. Ain't he cute?

I really wanted to go see Thor's Hammer, but it started to pour rain when we were driving there. Martin couldn't resist so he went out there and got soaked. He said it was worth it, though. I was so sad because the rest of the day was rained out, so we headed home. I stayed awake this time and enjoyed the ride home. I really want to buy a cabin somewhere up there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather, thanks for your comment. Funny how we have to stay in touch online. Looks like you've had a busy and fun summer, oh how I miss the beauty of southern Utah. Love Isaac's face in the picture with Martin...he's too cute!