Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Help Us Fight Brain Cancer!!

The following is a letter to invite you to help in the Seattle Brain Cancer walk this year. I am very excited to be doing this again this year! My friend Amy Hansen and I are co-captains and we have set a pretty hefty goal so we really could use all your help!!

If you can't walk with us due to distance or other commitments never fear....you can still help!! Just make a donation! Also, remember many employers will match contributions made...now, that is cool! Plus, feel free to pass this on to any friends you may know.

My family and I have been through the whole treatment process with my sister and we did it without a special specific place of treatment. Boy, that would have helped! This new center is top of the line and on the cuttting edge and that is what patients dealing with this disease need.

You would be so surprised how much just $10 or $20 can help. I have learned that it all adds up!

Anyway, here's the letter...and thanks so much for helping!


Dear Friends,

It’s time for the 2nd Annual Seattle Brain Cancer Walk! We hope you’ll join me on Saturday, May 30, 2009 at the Mercer Island High School Track to support the Center for Advanced Brain Tumor Treatment (CABTT) at the Swedish Neuroscience Institute. We are organizing a team, Brain Stormtroopers, for this year’s event. Our team will participate in honor of Jenny Lynch (my sister) and Ken Harris (Amy's dad), and we would love to have you join us to help raise funds for brain cancer research and patient care!

It is very easy to join team Brain Stormtroopers. You can register online at www.braincancerwalk.org. Join our team by selecting Brain Stormtroopers on the sign-up page or you can also register by completing a registration form (let me know if you need one). Please return your paper registration to us by May 15th so I can submit it in time to make the registration deadline. The $25 registration fee includes a great T-shirt as well as food and festivities following the race.

This year, Brain Stormtroopers has set a fundraising goal of $5,000. If you are not able to participate in this year’s race, please consider making a pledge to help support our team with a pledge form. As team captains, we will be responsible for collecting all completed entry forms, fees and pledges (please contact me if you would like a pledge form). Because of generous sponsorship from Swedish Medical Center, 100% of funds raised, including the registration fee and all donations, benefit CABTT. Through groundbreaking research, personalized treatment plans and patient-centered care, CABTT is improving outcomes for patients and working toward an eventual cure for brain cancer.

We hope we can count on your support for the 2009 Seattle Brain Cancer Walk! Together, we can give hope to brain cancer patients and their families. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. I can't wait to see you at this year’s event!

Sincerely,
Heather Chamberlain 425-392-4372 and Amy Hansen 425-330-4397
Team Captains

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Alright I need a pledge form. I REALLY WANTED to be there this year, but I am unable to make it. But I will be there next year! Also, I am going to put this out on my blog and see if I can get some more money for you guys! I think you should make your goal even higher! NEXT YEAR BABY! I probably won't put your phone numbers on there, as my blog is shown on facebook... so would you like me to put your email address? Let me know! THIS IS AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Count me in! I just tried the online registration and when I got to step 4, the team name doesn't come up. It says "If you are unable to find your team name below, the team may not be fully registered in the system and you will need to register at a later date." I'll check back and get you the $25. Sounds like a fun day for a great cause, can't wait!