Thursday, May 14, 2009

Little Bunnies Foo-Foo

This is one of the 3 baby bunnies living in our back yard. I have seen the mother a lot lately in our garage, on our front lawn, crossing the street and it seems she has taken up residence in the rocks behind our house. We were out doing yard work last Saturday and Martin almost thatched one of the babies to death before he saw it was there. Luckily, the bunny moved just in time and we were spared an ugly, bloody scene with our children looking on. I guess the rocks make for good warrens.

I have read "Watership Down" and it's one of my favorite books. Therefore, I am a little bit obsessed with bunny rabbits. Also, when I was just starting College my parents got some rabbits and they were so cute!! My sister Jenny made a video about them (it was a horror film). I wish I could find that video, it was hilarious...something like "Attack of the Killer Bunnies." Anyway, I'm wasting way too much time daydreaming about bunnies. Help!!

I am also worried. My perennials are just starting to poke out of the ground and I fear they don't stand much chance against this little family. Plus, I remember why my parents got rid of the bunnies: the mess they make is UNBELIEVABLE. To make matters worse, Livi and the Cuteness are trying to domesticate the bunnies and have been naming them...never a good sign. Maybe they'll just leave when they're big enough! Right?!?

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Just remember, bunnies make more and more and more and more and more and MORE bunnies. With our experience, the dominant male bunny will eat at (YES EAT) the other male bunny. So go ahead and have fun with that! :) Good luck - hopefully they are female. By the way, what are their names? LOL ;)

Heath694 said...

Right, Mindy, so what do I do?!! Do I call and exterminator, or animal control?? They already had eaten a hole in the netting to our crawl space. Who knows what's next.

staceygriff said...

yeah. I get to see them, even if it's only through a photo. so cute.