Monday, April 19, 2010

Mr. Baseball and a New Season

Well, friends, the 2010 baseball season has begun. Did you know it? I am always so nerdy and excited when baseball season starts and I can go see my own Mr. Baseball play. I love sitting at the games (yes, at times they are a bit long) but I have found it's super fun to take pictures of the kid and his co-players so that keeps me busy when it's been 2 hours and we're barely at the bottom of the third inning. Did I say some of the games are long?

I have to say I don't mind most of the time that the games are long unless it's raining. And let's face it, it rains a lot here in the spring. I love it when the summer weather starts in earnest and we have lots of dry games to sit through in the cool evening dusk. I LOVE IT.

Here's a few of my favorite shots from last week's game. It's interesting that each picture I took of Alex on the field, and I took over 200, he was smiling. That should tell you something about how much this kid lives for baseball. One year his nick-name (which he HATED) was "Smiley."

Here he is sliding into home. And, yes, he was safe.
Michael pitching. Sorry, not sure of his last name. I love taking pictures of pitchers (does that make sense?). These kids are seriously athletic. Check out that stance!




Beautiful girl.

This is what the siblings of a ball player do. How many hours these two must have spent at the ball park in the last 6 or 7 years, I can't even imagine. But we gave them a choice whether to come or not and they opted to come. They love the atmosphere and hanging out as much as we do.






My favorite shot of the night. It was the first photo of the night oddly enough. I love the light on the boys faces.






5 comments:

Mindy said...

Awesome pictures! I wish I could say I was that excited for baseball season... Maybe some day! (Tell Alex he looks hot in his baseball uniform!!! HAHAHAHA~!!!!) ;) That should freak him out! I love it!!!

Jess said...

You're pictures are fantastic! You're camera is pretty sweet - I want a nice one more than anything. :)

This brings back memories of when we went to one of Al's games when I was up there. He was so pumped. :) I admire the ambition that kid has...for baseball is not one of mine. haha

Ariel said...

Your pictures are amazing Heather! What kind of camera do you have. Tell Alex it kick some butt this year from me :)

Amy Sorenson said...

It's cool that Alex has this passion, and that he has a great family to support him in his interests. The pictures are fantasitc. So tell me, what position does he play or like to play most?

Heath694 said...

Ariel - I have a Nikon D5000 that I got for Christmas! It is so nice to have a camera that can do all the work for me!

Amy - Alex plays second base and short-stop most of the time. He's done third base but says his place is short-stop. Wish you guys could see him play. He is amazing to me!