Monday, April 12, 2010

Catching Up and Easter

I've got so much to catch up on. March was a quiet month for us. We've put infertility treatments on hold for now as my body adjusts to some semblance of normality. We may or may not move on to IVF in a few months. I'll keep you posted.

Isaac is officially reading at grade level!!! Woo-hoo! Mrs. Miller, his teacher, took me aside the other day to let me know the good news. She says she sees a light has turned on in his little brain just in the last couple of months and he's making great strides. I'm so happy! All that reading with him and worrying has paid off. She is amazed that he has come as far as he has. He was so far behind at the beginning of the year, I was really nervous. Now we are working on his speed in doing things. Let's just say Isaac does everything really, really slow. I don't know why, other than he reminds me of my dad, which is not a bad thing! I love my dad.

Isaac has also been turned on to the gospel. Mrs. Miller asked him what his favorite book was to which he replied he didn't want to tell her. He said he was embarrased. But then she told him that all books are good to practice reading. Then he gave in and told her that his favorite book to read was the Book of Mormon. She thought that was pretty cute. Of course, it's the children's reader, not actually the real book, that he loves so much but if we don't read at least one chapter in the book at night he is really depressed. Sometimes he gets so excited about the stories in there that he jumps up and down and grins from ear to ear. A few days ago he was talking to Martin about the Holy Ghost and how he can know something is true and good by the "burning" feeling he gets in his chest. He LOVED that and told Martin he has felt that before and that he wished he could have his "heart burn" all the time. So sweet. This boy has such a sweet and kind personality. I want to just squish him sometimes.

We had a great Easter here together. We watched conference and spent the day eating some good food and relaxing. We colored eggs as we usually do and I got a few pictures of that.


Isaac's "dragon egg"










I've started drawing again and I'm having so much fun getting back into my art. I'm not good, by any stretch of the imagination but it is fun and I enjoy it a ton. I'm also going to take some art classes to help my progress. At this point, it's just fun and relaxes me and makes me feel good about myself.



This is Perdi on Easter day. "They're mine, they're all mine..."










3 comments:

Jess said...

Those Easter Eggs are super neat! I haven't seen any done like that before!

That Isaac. That story made me happy inside - and allowed me to have a gentle reminder of that burning feeling too. :)

Jen Vesper said...

thanks for posting again! I miss you being on facebook so much that I check this literally every day. :) Your kids are so stinking adorable. I seriously just want to squeeze Issac. He is so contagious! Love you!

Amy Sorenson said...

It sounds like you had a great Easter. That Isaac is so sweet. I am really happy that he is reading on grade level. The best part was about the spiritual things though. I think it is great that his favorite book is the BOM, what a great missionary he is.