Monday, November 1, 2010

A Bunch of Muggles on All Hallows Eve

We had so much fun this weekend.  It was Halloween on Sunday, of course, but the weekend was super fun from the beginning of Friday morning to the last trick-or-treater Sunday night.  I can't remember a funner weekend.  And no, it hasn't got anything to do with the fact that I accidentally took my AM medications in the PM and vice-versa.  Did I have more energy?  Yes, but I also slept about 2 hours Friday night.  By the time Saturday night came around I could barely sit up straight.  That's how it goes when you take so many pills that you need a pill sorter (like my 69 year old Dad) to keep your life organized.

I am the room coordinator this year again for Isaac's class (don't ask).  It was awesome fun to get to plan the party for his class.  He has been so excited.
 When that party was over, I hate to say it, but I went home and slept about 3 hours.  I was exhausted!  20 seven year old kids to entertain is not always easy.  How do their teachers do it?

Friday night we did our annual pumpkin cutting adventure.  What can I say?  I was groomed as a master pumpkin cutter by my very own Father.  I didn't get out the chain saw this year, the size of my pumpkin required much less this year.  However, Martin thinks it's funny that I can gut 4 pumpkins in the time it takes him to gut his own.  Jealous????  Yeah, I got skills.

Martin, Alex and Isaac's pumpkins.  Guess which one's Isaac's.

Livi and my pumpkins.  Mine's the tree and Livi, who loves owls, is the owl.














Saturday morning we were off to the big city to the Pacific Science Center to catch the Harry Potter Exhibit.  The kids were so excited they didn't sleep.  I didn't sleep, but that was for another reason...(see above).  We had so much fun waiting in line for the exhibit.  The excitement was thick enough to cut with a knife, especially from Isaac.  It's too bad he was the first one to be severely disappointed!  He was bored within 15 minutes of beginning the tour.  It was a little advanced fan-wise for him.  The other 4 of us were so into it that we looked like complete idiots ooohing and aaahhhing at the different costumes and props.  I am seriously a Harry Potter geek.  I got goose bumps when I saw Professor Dumbledore's dress robes!


Isaac BEFORE his severe disappointment reared its ugly head!

Saturday night we all loaded up and headed off to the trunk or treat at the church.  It was fun and no better place for the kids to get their fill of candy.  You'd think they wouldn't need to get any more, but the next night found them all off collecting more.  It was ridiculous!  Livi's candy weighed 10 pounds (she weighed it).  Now what is she going to do with that much candy???  I guess just be a  kid.  And that's what I felt like this whole weekend.  It was so much fun and we will remember it for a lot of years to come!
Harry Potter, Juan and Livi the Roaring 20's flapper at the trunk or treat!
"Ay, Caramba!"
"Stupefy!"
A bunch of lovely ladies

5 comments:

Amy Sorenson said...

What fun. I would love to have seen the HP exhibit too.
And I thought Valerie and Marie had a lot of candy. My kids get tired of trick or treating too fast...Maybe that's a good thing;)

Heath694 said...

Amy, it is a good thing! Livi has too much. It's because they have to do the trunk or treat AND the neighborhood. It's become a competition to see who gets the most. But, you're only a kid once and she's pretty smart about having 2 or 3 pieces a day! I miss you!!

staceygriff said...

that's funny that Olivia weighed her candy because Sofia did the same. She weighed hers and then tried to weigh the dog. I love your pumpkins by the way, very creative and cool.

~Savannah Lynn~ said...

I do have to say that everyones costumes look awesome! I dressed up as a princess what fun is that?? lolol jk it was. But I do have to say "Alex's es mi faviorito!" Hahaha

Sara said...

Alex's mustache is the best!