Saturday, August 15, 2009

Just Catching Up

I haven't blogged for a while. I didn't write anything while I was in Utah...I don't know why, other than I was having too much fun doing other things.

I had surgery on July 17th. It was a futile attempt to find some scar tissue attached to my uterus and/or ovaries. Alas, I had no problem there but did have some in my abdomen left over from my last laparoscopy -- go figure. I don't mind being put under for surgeries, I usually have no problem. However, when they fill up the abdominal cavity with air I wake up sick as a dog and have to puke several times before finally convincing the nurses to release me already so I can puke in the privacy of my own home. To make things so much more fun, my doctor decided I didn't need any pain medication. "Ibuprofen will do the trick." Well, I was in a lot of pain, friends....A LOT of pain. I don't know if you have ever had a couple of sharp, long metal instruments fishing in your belly, but it makes for a sore recovery. I was more sore than after my c-sections. It took me 24 hours for me to convince my doctor I needed something more, shall we say, substantial. After I got the Lortab, I was much better.

3 days following my surgery we so wisely decided to head off to Utah for our annual visit with family. I look forward to it all year, and what would a surgery for Heather be without a recovery spent in the car?? It really wasn't so bad and I was so excited to get "home."

I will post more about our trip when I have more time. For now, I am posting some pics of Olivia's hairstyles so that you can see what things I've tried recently. They are at the bottom of the blog. I have been finding the ideas on the blog "A story of a princess and her hair" which I have posted a link to on the sidebar if you want some "how to's."

3 comments:

Nick & Kerrie Andrews & Family said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! I'm sorry you had to have surgery! It's not fun! I can attest to that! I hope you had a good time while you were here! I wish I knew you were coming!

Tonii said...

I am bummed we didn't see you guys, but we do love you!! And Olivia's hair at the bottom?! SO cute, I look at all those blogs too, but I just can't do it right :) You are amazing!!!

Dawn Polson said...

Heather, I didn't know that's the kind of surgery you had. I had that 8 years ago. So sorry you had such a bad time of it. Yucky. Hope you are feeling better now.