Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Our Trip to Utah Part III (Oquirrh Mtn. Temple)

We were so lucky to get a chance to go to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house, which is in South Jordan. It was great for the kids to be able to see the inside of a temple before it is dedicated. They actually enjoyed it very much and Livi is planning to get married there (a little prematurely??). The Cuteness especially liked the mirrors that went on forever and stood in front of them making all kinds of faces and pretending like he was Indiana Jones stuck in some kind of eternal video game (I honestly have no idea where he gets these ideas). He is already planning on using these type of mirrors in his upcoming movies. I think he feels they are a great way to incorporate some cheap special effects. Ahhhh, my Isaac.

The temple had beautiful murals and wood work. The chandeliers were all in the shape of stars and they were stunning. I also was impressed by how they used natural lighting throughout. The celestial room was lit almost entirely by the light from windows. Also I was excited to see the endowment rooms were split into 2 parts, I think for live sessions. The beginning room had amazing, beautiful murals of the wilderness painted on the walls. They were much smaller than the rooms I'm used to in Seattle. It was a fantastic day and I felt such peace and love while I was sitting there waiting to go inside. I'm glad I could spend that time with my family.






2 comments:

said...

It is a beautiful temple! What a great memory you created for your children. We loved the neighborhood as well. Jenna kept saying, "Wouldn't be great to have the temple outside your front door?!" Why yes, it would. :-) Can't believe how fast your kids are growing. Time is flying tooo quickly. Hugs to all!

staceygriff said...

Great photo's Heather. I'm glad you guys were able to go see the Temple with the kids. We saw the Twin Falls temple last year on our way to Utah. The kids were excited to be able to go through it (well when I say kids I mean Kiah and Sofi, Miles didn't really mind either way). It's a good thing for them to see, it's special for them. I'm excited to see the Oquirrh Temple one day and hopefully do a session there. It sounds beautiful.