Sunday, August 16, 2009

Our Trip to Utah Part 1

We got to Utah just in time to help my brother-in-law, Jeff celebrate his 47th birthday (man, he is old). Just so you know, Jeff is probably the funniest person I have ever met and any time I am with him I can pretty much count on peeing my pants at some point. It's been that way for over 25 years. His birthday was no exception. His imitations of my sister Lesa are classic.

We met at Manuel's El Burrito in Clearfield (hola, enchiladas and burritos...it's been oh so long), which is Jeff's favorite. This place has the best salsa I have ever tasted and that's saying a lot. Jeff was his usual charming and funny self and was so pleased to get to wear the traditional birthday sombrero while we ate amazing home-made tortillas and made fun of him.
I spent the day leading up to Jeff's party with my bff from Utah, Jen Vesper who is a cake decorator. She was kind enough to make my dear brother-in-law the "ultimate Geek cake." It had all Jeff's favorite things on it: Worlds of Warcraft, his stupid motorcycle and Star Trek. It also had an awesome chocolate sculpture of Jeff which I had to tell Jen to fatten up 3 different times because she was being way too forgiving.


Can I tell you Jen is a genius?? No, really, she is. I had so much fun sitting and talking with her as she wove her cake magic (I think she might be a witch). We had a fun time catching up and doing my favorite activity: making fun of people. :) It always feels like no time has ever passed between us when we get together. Thanks for the laughs, Jen! (and the cake, which, btw was delicious!)
Jeff and Mini-Jeff posing



My niece, Erin and Martin at Manuel's. They have a cute little bond.

2 comments:

staceygriff said...

that is one cool cake. I've seen other pic's that you have of her cakes and I think she might be a witch as well, or a wizard? That's a very sweet photo of Erin and Martin.

Jen Vesper said...

Aww....you guys are too sweet. I don't think I am quite as good as you make me out to be Heath...but you are making up for my dad, so I will take it. :) I feel the same about you by the way. I wish we had gotten to spend more time together. I adore you so!