Monday, September 8, 2008

First Day of School

If you have a blog I think it's some kind of unwritten rule that you have to do "the first day of school blog." So, wanting to abide by unwritten rules, here are the kids all decked out in their new school threads, posing for pictures...poor things. Alex wouldn't allow that. He's in 7th grade..., duh. Olivia was excited for school, as usual.
Here's the cuteness on his first day of kindergarten, or any kind of school, for that matter. He didn't do pre-school and neither did his siblings, so we'll see how it turns out with him. He was, I think, overly excited for school. It reminded me of those days Martin would go back to the U after summer break. You wouldn't think a grown man would be so uncontrollably excited to go to class, but Martin was. I get nauseous just thinking about that. He had pretty much this same expression on his face.


Isaac kept telling me to take more pictures so I've got about a million of these. Usually he hates pictures. But that's what school will do for you.




He was pretty cute getting on that bus. Such a giagantic bus, and three 5 year olds on it. Notice he brought his bff, "Tippy." Tippy is his little white beanie baby he got a while ago. We don't know why he's called Tippy. We don't ask. Mrs. Duke's kindergarten is always allowed to bring a stuffed friend on the first day.

And yes, I cried okay?

4 comments:

Tonii said...

Oh man, they are so cute!! I agree, you wouldn't be a true blogger if you didn't do this post! :)

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Fun to see "the cuteness" so excited as he's usually pretty quiet in Primary. Even more fun to picture Martin with that same expression! LOL

staceygriff said...

cute photo of you and Issac. I feel a bit ashamed of myself that I have not done the first day of school blog and photo's yet. I hang my head in shame. I love the smiles on Olivia and Issac's faces. great. Of course the Middle school kid can't pose. We always made Kiah do it though! girls are different I think. they want to pose.

Jen Vesper said...

I made Rachael pose. She had a TOTALLY grumpy look on her face, but at least I got a picture! *grin* You have stinking adorable kids!! Isaac actually looks a lot like Erin. Have I said that before?