Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Football and Soccer

Here's the "all-star." I am liking having Alex in football. I finally understand the game (for the most part) and that makes Alex and Martin very happy. It's fun to see your kids enjoy sports and get more confidence. I have to say, though, football is TOO complicated. How can you see what's going on, and keep your eye on the ball AND make sure your kid is blocking well? I don't know...please tell me.

By the way he is playing Tight End, I don't know what that means. However, he has been changed to Defense and I don't know what he does now (nothing's changed)...I just know he's completely covered in bruises!

I just have to say Alex stinks 3/4 of the time now. Martin has said he'll need to have his car detailed after football season is over because he can't get the stench out. We make Alex take a shower when he gets home and luckily, I just drop him off before practice so he's relatively clean then. I have never seen a kid so sweaty in my life (except all the other boys playing football). What are you supposed to do with the pads and helmet? Ugghhhh! So gross.

Okay, I apologize for my crummy camera again...but here's The Cuteness playing soccer at the recreation center. He was so excited to start something that his brother and sister aren't a part of. I am glad he was smart enough to figure that out by himself .
The Cuteness does the same thing his dad and brother do which is stick his tongue into his cheek when making an important play:)!! Martin does this when playing basketball and Alex does it all the time. The boys both do it when they're thinking hard too. Like with homework...just an observation that makes me laugh! He made some great plays!

3 comments:

said...

What a fun time for your family. You are such a great Mom, Heather! And your kids are adorable. We miss your fam. Debbie

staceygriff said...

oh, Miles did this over the summer. He did soccer and basketball and loved it. does Issac like it?

Brenda Dickerson Lassabe said...

Please let me know when Isaac's next soccer game is and I will try and come cheer him on!