Sunday, October 26, 2008

Beautiful Day

Yesterday was such a nice, autumn day. We were able to be out in the sun at Alex's final football game of the season and it was great. They played at East Lake High; they have a really nice football field--wow. I even got to take my coat off most of the game. There were dragon flies flying around everywhere and it was just fun to talk with Martin. Dragon flies equal magical in my book. Did they win their game? Ummm....not exactly, but it was fun anyway.

Does this look like a face that is happy to be done with football? I would have to say, emphatically, yes. I know he will miss getting hit in the head and ribs on a daily basis, but I personally, will not miss driving him to practice every day! Happy days are here again!!! Does it matter their record was 1 and 9? Nah.

Funny side note: he still plays football daily with his friends outside. Weird. A month ago he told me he hated football (I think that was because he didn't feel like going to practice that day). I guess he doesn't really hate it so much.

Olivia enjoyed her day also. She did her favorite thing: reading. She is so much like her dad. These days she nearly always has book in hand. I would get upset, but what can you really find wrong with that? And, bonus: the book she was reading, "Ten Ways to Make My Sister Disappear," gave her several good ideas to vanish her own big brother.

She is such a good sport to go to all these games. If I counted up the hours she's spent at baseball and football games it would probably be astronomical. She just goes along and usually plays with other friends, socializes and never complains. She also looks after her little brother too.

Second funny side note: Alex complains about going to an hour and a half dance recital Olivia has once a year. Okay, that's just sad.
And here's The Cuteness again hitting another childhood milestone. Do you see it? Look closely...yep, he lost his first tooth. Major BFD (big freaking deal). He came in Friday night while I was almost asleep with this huge grin on his face, toothbrush in one hand, tooth in the other and blood dripping down his lips!!! Oh, what an adorable scene. Adorable and then-(gag, cough, dry heave)- a little tiny bit disgusting. He was so excited to welcome the Tooth Fairy for the first time. He woke up to a $3 reward (wow, I usually only got 50 cents). He was very pleased.

Here's what he did at the football game. We forgot to bring a block (Isaac's favorite toy) and he was not sure how he could survive. Martin saved the day with one of his business cards from his wallet. I kid you not, the child played with this card for two hours. How do you play with a block or business card? Well, if you're Isaac, you turn the said card into anything you can imagine. It can be a spaceship, a guy, a car, or, my personal favorite, Indiana Jones. Explosions usually accompany the play and can be very annoying to his sibilings. But, at the football game, nobody cared or bothered him! Score one for The Cuteness.


2 comments:

said...

What a sweet family! We miss you!!

Nick & Kerrie Andrews & Family said...

What a cute blog! I love it! I'm so excited we can stay in contact!