Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Me llike antibiotics

I have been sick for the past week or so. It didn't get really bad until Monday, when I decided I was going to tackle cleaning the shower. I wasn't thinking, obviously. I have had a really bad cough. So I got in the shower, sprayed it down with the first cleaner I use for mold, then rinsed that off. Then I sprayed with the other cleaner I use for hard water stuff (seriously, can't they come up with one cleaner to do both things?). It was so smelly in there, and I was scrubbing so hard that it went directly to my lungs and I started to cough profusely. I could not stop. I was sweating and coughing. I looked in the mirror and my face was bright red with white splotches, probably from the lack of oxygen:). I seriously have NEVER coughed that hard. I called Martin and asked if he could come home because I was supposed to pick up the boys from school and needed him to do it...driving would have been a very bad thing at this point. So, I was on the phone with Martin and trying to talk and I couldn't. Everytime I inhaled to say something I coughed. Finally, I told Martin what I needed and hung up. Then went to the couch and passed out.

Since then I have been struggling with this infernal cough. I went to the doctor on Friday night and he did prescribe some antibiotics but told me to hold off on taking them. He assumed I probably had a virus. So I waited....until yesterday. I took the first dose last night before bed and I woke up 85% better--85%, people! Now that is good luck.

Lesson learned: cold + cleaning chemicals = dumb. I better check what's in those freaking cleaning supplies. That can't be good for my health. Or better yet, hire someone to clean!!!

3 comments:

Dawn Polson said...

I like how you think. I think every girl deserves a maid. It only seems fair. :)

Tonii said...

Hire someone to clean! Hire someone to clean! I hope they keep working and you feel back to normal ASAP! Martin says theres a chance you guys might be coming out around Thanksgiving? I hope so, I would love to see you, maybe we could go see Twilight together :)

Brenda Dickerson Lassabe said...

I second! Hire a maid!