Saturday, October 18, 2008

Meme's the word

I was tagged by my friend Deb W., whom I miss terribly, with a meme. I'm supposed to post the 4th photo from my 4th folder. I've never heard of a meme before. But according to my friend, Stacey, a meme can be a catchphrase or concept that spreads quickly from one person to another. Thanks, Stac. Cool!!! So here's mine:


This is my crazy dad, nephew, Dallon, niece, Marie and niece Savannah holding my other niece Phoenix. They are, of course, making funny faces. It's New Year's Eve of '06 and we were at my sister Mindy's home. It's funny, but with all the people in this picture my eye directly goes to my sister, Jenny who is behind my dad (you can't see her face). Boy, I wish I had taken more pictures of her while she was here. It's good to know she was there. She loved a good party. We always play this funny game called "Loaded Question" with my mom and sisters and older nieces on New Year's. It's become a tradition. That game is so hilarious! Every year I laugh harder and harder. Last year I nearly passed out from laughterand I am ashamed to admit I nearly wet my pants. Unfortunatley, Jenny was in the hospital last year and we played without her and I guess will from now on.


I recommend that game to anyone, especially a group of women who are friends and very comfortable with each other. It's kind of a "get to know you" game and be prepared to laugh--hard.


I tag Brenda, Jen V. and Dayna

3 comments:

staceygriff said...

I'm still laughing at the photo of your dad. I keep going back to it just to laugh. Priceless. We will have to get some women together sometime and play the Loaded questions game. Sounds like fun. If it would make you pull a face like your dad is doing in this one, I'll play with you anytime;D Thanks for sharing.

Heath694 said...

Actually, we never let my dad play--he cheats and with this game it makes it very un-fun. I'm all for cheating in the right game. No, he's just making weird faces to be himself!

said...

Fun pic and memories. You are a terrific friend and sister. It seems the feeling of loss just keeps reappearing with each new experience or memory. Can't imagine how much you must miss Jenny. Hugs to you!