Monday, October 20, 2008

It's Party Time!!

I went to the costume/party store to look for some costume ideas for the kids. It was a mistake as the store I went to had mostly adult costumes and 2/3 of them had to be covered in areas with "post it" notes because of the partial nudity. Wait a second...did I say nudity?

Truly, I was thinking Halloween was more for kids, like it was when I was younger. Ah, those were the days. Now, I know there have always been the "french maid" costumes and such that were skimpy, but apparently, the rules have changed to include everything from busty pirates to half-naked angels. I mean do people dress up for their jobs and wear these costumes? Is there a market for this? I don't know.

Martin tells me there are these costume parties for adults that basically the idea is to go in the raunchiest, skimpiest costume you can find. I don't know what takes place at these parties but I can only imagine in my wildest dreams.

Also, what happens when you are not the model type portrayed on the front of these costume packages? I guarantee I would not look as good as the model in that lei and flower pasties "hula" outfit that I saw. I KNOW I'm not the only one.

So what does a person do who is invited to a party like this, and is not a size 2, 4 or even 10? I guess that's what the Spongebob adult costumes are for. Fun. All these beautiful people walking around and you're the only one not showing considerable skin making your date drool.

Yep, I had my eyes opened at the party store today. I shall never be the same.

No comments: